Sheba Medical Center is the largest and most comprehensive medical center in Israel and indeed in the Middle East. Our unique approach combines acute care and rehabilitation within the same medical center.
Chronic disease is one of the world's greatest challenges and Sheba's excellence in disease management and rehabilitation has earned it an international reputation.
The Center is divided into two hospitals - acute and rehabilitation - which account for over one million visits annually. Our unique approach sees treatment and rehabilitation as a seamless process since prevention and health promotion on the one hand and rehabilitation, on the other hand, is an integral part of medical care.
Sheba Medical Center offers sophisticated and multi-faceted care in nearly every discipline of medicine and our tertiary medical center offers state-of-the-art departments.
To meet the needs of our patients, our medical center offers very broad outpatient services with day beds. We also have hotel facilities, one for women 12 hours after delivery, and another for patients who are discharged from the hospital such as cardiac patients who can spend the first week after their discharge following a heart attack, and patients suffering from malignancies that do not require the patient to remain hospitalized.
The Acute Care Hospital
The Acute Care Hospital has six divisions:
The Rehabilitation Hospital
The Rehabilitation Hospital at Sheba Medical Center is unique in its ability to offer a comprehensive rehabilitation program for a wide range of disabilities. Its philosophy is to facilitate long-term physical and emotional rehabilitation to help patients optimize their functional integration in society. To accomplish this, the Rehabilitation Center has assembled a multi-disciplinary professional staff that includes physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists, as well as professional diagnosticians. Our approach includes long-term follow up, inviting patents for periodic evaluations, and monitoring their health status. We create life-long associations with our patients.
The Rehabilitation Hospital at the Sheba Medical Center has three divisions (Rehabilitation, Psychiatry, and Geriatrics), two hospices (the Third Hospice, the Children's Hospice, is in the Acute Care Hospital and is part of the Pediatric Division), and a long-term hospital (The Gilad Nursing Home).
The Rehabilitation Hospital is renowned and respected worldwide for its work in helping patients resume and rebuild their lives after traumatic injury or disabling diseases. Its success lies in the dedication of the staff in treating the whole person, not just a particular injury or dysfunction.
The Edmond and Lily Safra Children's Hospital
- a comprehensive hospital, from acute care to rehabilitation; from well-baby care to life-threatening trauma
- a "pain free" hospital: all treatments are done with specialized anesthesia so that the child experiences no pain and no fear
- 155 beds serving more than 60,000 patients a year, including 8,000 in-patient admissions, 16,000 emergency room visits, and many ambulatory patients
- more than 10,000 infants born a year, including at least 1,200 requiring special or intensive care
- Israel's leading pediatric services in hematology and hemato-oncology, bone marrow transplantation, rheumatology, rehabilitation and more
· operates the Middle East Pediatric Congenital Heart Diseases Center with units in genetic research and counseling, early diagnosis of intra-uterine congenital heart defects, and sophisticated cardiac surgery
- open to patients from across Israel, the Mediterranean region, the Palestinian Authority and the Arab world
- housed in an architectural masterpiece: hospital building is physically designed to create a cheerful "fantasy" environment for the children its serves